Makings is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal on the cultural and creative industries. The Editorial Team are primarily based in the Creative Industries Cluster at the Birmingham Centre for Media and Cultural Research at Birmingham City University, UK.
The discourse of the journal is centred on the topic of culture and creative industries. We welcome submissions on topics around but not limited to:
- Alternative and marginal economies
- Cultural entrepreneurship
- Cultural policy and media regulation
- Craft making and production practices
- Equality and diversity in the creative industries
- Creative industries educational development
- Creative industries and new media (including social media, AI and VR)
We publish 1-2 issues a year, each of which centre on a particular theme within cultural and creative industries research. All contributions are open access and the authors retain the rights to their pieces after publication on this platform.
As well as the standard journal article format, we also welcome submissions in audio, video and visual form. If you have any queries about the journal please contact the Editors.
Dr Oliver Carter
Dr Karen Patel
Dr Annette Naudin
Dr Gemma Commane
Professor Rajinder Dudrah
Dr Vincent Obia
Dr Kateryna Sivak